New post available to deliver MacMillan and Tottenham Hotspur Foundation Physical Activity Referral service to people affected by cancer, facilitating group exercise classes and gym based 1-1 sessions.
Reporting Structure: The job holder will report to relevant Senior Manager within Tottenham Hotspur Foundation (THF) and liaise closely with Macmillan.
Contracted Hours: Maternity cover, fixed term 37 Hour per week contract (Barnet). This may include Evening & Weekend work.
Payment: Salary will be offered at £22-24k pa
Job Outline: To deliver MacMillan and Tottenham Hotspur Foundation Physical Activity Referral service to people affected by cancer, facilitating group exercise classes and gym based 1-1 sessions.
Daily contact with patients to establish a rapport and gain the individual’s trust will be essential at the initial consultation, where the post holder will be expected to complete basic health and psychological assessments, along with agreeing SMART goals. Recognition of the issues common to the referred clients is important to establish this relationship.
Instructors will also be expected to deliver group based exercise classes, requiring group facilitation skills as well as excellent engagement and verbal communication skills.
The post holder may be required to promote the service to referring health professionals and patient support groups to generate interest in the service. Whilst also promoting the benefits to patient support groups of being active.
Patients may be referred with a wide range of medical conditions; physical and mental. This will require a high level of awareness and sensitivity, when making lifestyle recommendations to individuals. The acknowledgement of peoples’ barriers must be addressed in order to effectively influence their behaviour change.
You must have a minimum of 3 years experience of delivering sporting activities within community settings, schools and holiday provisions. You will have good organisational and time management skills, and have a good knowledge of the Greater North London area. You will hold a valid First Aid and Safeguarding certificate.
- Exercise Referral qualification recognised by Register of Exercise Professionals.
- Broad range of exercise qualifications, particularly regarding specialist groups/conditions.
- Canrehab Qualification
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience.
- Experience of working within an Exercise Referral programme.
- Experience of providing exercise classes and designing one-to-one programmes.
- Experience of working within an NHS, local authority or multi-agency organization.
- Demonstrable, excellent group exercise facilitation skills.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to present complex information in an understandable way.
- Ability to manage time effectively, planning own workload and setting appropriate objectives and deadlines.
- Ability to think about alternative ways of doing things and being open to new work practices and responsive to change.
- Demonstrable experience of thoroughly analysing information, and considering alternative solutions, adapting to new ways of working where necessary.
- Excellent customer care skills, with experience of adapting services, where possible, to meet customer needs and can take the initiative to work with other agencies where necessary.
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of how teams work with other services and takes a proactive approach towards helping others.
- Commitment to equality and diversity, accepting differences and treating everyone fairly.
- Demonstrable experience of coping well under pressure and difficult situations, able to identify and act on own development needs.
Full UK driving license is desired and access to transport.
Tottenham Hotspur Foundation is committed to equality and to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children (under 18s). The Foundation expects all staff to share this commitment, including applicants for this position.
This position is subject to DBS Disclosure at Enhanced level with children’s barred list check.
Tottenham Hotspur is an equal opportunities employer.
If you are interested please send a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application closes 8th August 2016
For more information on this great opportunity, please email Katrina Heal Katrina.Heal@tottenhamhotspur.com