Courses for Health Professionals
NEW! Exercise Guidelines for Cancer Survivors For Allied Health Professionals.
If your requirement is for a specially commissioned course, we may be able to tailor it to your needs. Based on our experience to date we are able to adapt these training courses to meet the needs of our clients.
This covers the following areas, with a mixture of lectures, discussions and practical work:
- Current guidelines and contra-indications for exercise prescription with different cancer groups and assessment tools for evaluating success of intervention
- Fitness assessments, exercise to movement, circuits, muscle strengthening and relaxation exercises – including contra-indications and exercises to avoid
- Exercise motivation and behaviour change. Changing lifestyle behaviour after cancer diagnosis
- What is needed in your workplace to make a physical activity programme as part of cancer care? Resources, staffing and training.
Of interest to:
- Allied health professionals
- Oncology health professionals
- Clinical nurse specialists
- Cancer charities
- National cancer networks
- Undergraduates in health studies
- Rehabilitation professionals
If you wish to train a number of staff in your own healthcare setting – please do call to discuss further 0345 4594618.
Level 4 – All Health Professionals who have relevant qualifications and experience are welcome to attend the Level 4 Cancer and Exercise Course. There is not the requirement to fulfill the pre-requisite criteria if there is not a need to be considered as an Exercise Specialist.
Download an application form here for the current Level 4 Courses.
- London Course FULL!! London Level 4 Course scheduled to start September 19th is now FULL!! Contact Lorna on firstname.lastname@example.org to be put on the waiting list.
- Nottingham Job Opportunity - perfect for CanRehab Level 4 graduate! Macmillan CARE Programme Coordinator
- CanRehab Offer - JOIN ANNA IN CLUB LA SANTA!
- More Job Opportunities! Herefordshire and Worcestershire Macmillan Move More Co-ordinator
- JOB OPPORTUNITY! - Physical Activity Instructor – Tottenham Hotspur Foundation & Macmillan
- Dr Anna Campbell Awarded an MBE!
- More L4 Course Dates Added For 2016!
- This course is very good, I have worked within the NHS and public health commissioning for many years . The tutors are absolutely amazing, helpful, expert and extremely supportive. The administration aspect is all very good too. Highly recommended J Potter 2014