Why attend a cancer rehabilitation course?
- to enhance your knowledge of cancer and its treatments.
- to give you extra knowledge whether working in a gym, taking group exercises or personal training.
- to enable you to offer exercise programmes either on an individual basis or for a group of clients during or after cancer treatment.*
- to enable you to safely prescribe and deliver an exercise programme for individuals with cancer.*
*when you have other relevant fitness qualifications.
CanRehab currently offers:
Level 4 Cancer and Exercise Rehabilitation qualification
We provided the first approved Level 4 Cancer and Exercise Rehabilitation course and qualification. This qualification is endorsed by CIMSPA
Of interest to:
- Fitness Instructors
- Personal Trainers
- Sport and Leisure Centre Staff
- Undergraduates in Exercise and Health Degrees
- Post Graduate in Exercise and Health
- GP Exercise Referral Staff
- Rehabilitation Services
Course Entry Requirements:
- Fitness professional with at least a Level 3 Personal Trainer qualification, and preferably the Level 3 Exercise Referral qualification.
- Health professionals and academics with specialist interest in exercise and cancer rehabilitation e.g. Physios.
- Qualified Pilates and Yoga instructors can also attend, however there may be some general principles of exercise that this course assumes students attending are familiar with and may require students to study independently. On gaining the CanRehab Level 4 award, it is important to stress that Pilates or yoga instructors adapt the principals they learn to exercises within their scope of practice and insurance.
- Occasionally those involved in running rehabilitation services but not involved with delivering exercise advice or programs find it useful to attend as it gives them significant background information. They would not be advised to deliver exercise programmes without further fitness qualifications.
If you are unsure that you meet the entry requirements listed above please email admin on firstname.lastname@example.org