Dr Anna Campbell Awarded an MBE!
For over sixteen years, Dr Anna Campbell has researched the physical and psychological benefits of staying active after a cancer diagnosis publishing over 30 research papers and three book chapters in the field of exercise and cancer survivorship. She is an Associate Professor at Edinburgh Napier University.
Anna was instrumental in putting research into practice: she made two exercise DVDs for cancer survivors; she set up the first free community based exercise programme in the UK; and she is Director of CanRehab, which provides training and education for fitness and health professionals working with cancer survivors in the community. In addition to publishing her research and establishing best practice, Anna is also a consultant for Macmillan Cancer Care, assisting in the establishment and evaluation of UK wide community based exercise programmes for cancer patients and survivors.
“I am incredibly thrilled and honoured to receive this MBE. When I first started working in the area of cancer rehabilitation, most cancer patients were told to stay in bed and rest all the time. For the past 16 years, my passion has been to help provide and disseminate the evidence that staying active can actually provide many benefits after a cancer diagnosis. I have had the humbling and immense privilege of working directly with over 400 cancer patients and survivors to provide safe and effective advice and assistance to help them find the appropriate type of activity to suit each one’s individual current situation. I love my work so much and am driven to continue working in this area as I see and hear about the benefits every day! “
- London Course FULL!! London Level 4 Course scheduled to start September 19th is now FULL!! Contact Lorna on firstname.lastname@example.org to be put on the waiting list.
- Nottingham Job Opportunity - perfect for CanRehab Level 4 graduate! Macmillan CARE Programme Coordinator
- CanRehab Offer - JOIN ANNA IN CLUB LA SANTA!
- More Job Opportunities! Herefordshire and Worcestershire Macmillan Move More Co-ordinator
- JOB OPPORTUNITY! - Physical Activity Instructor – Tottenham Hotspur Foundation & Macmillan
- Dr Anna Campbell Awarded an MBE!
- More L4 Course Dates Added For 2016!
- A huge thank-you for your contribution to our annual volunteers conference and your help in making it an overwhelming success. Nicola Barnstable, Breast Cancer Care