London Course FULL!! London Level 4 Course scheduled to start September 19th is now FULL!! Contact Lorna on email@example.com to be put on the waiting list.
The Level 4 Course scheduled to start in London on September 19th is now FULL!! Contact Lorna on firstname.lastname@example.org to be put on the waiting list. Look out for our next London training in Spring 2018. We are happy to look at bespoke or commissioned Level 4 courses in you area if there are several of you needing trained at once.
Nottingham Job Opportunity – perfect for CanRehab Level 4 graduate! Macmillan CARE Programme Coordinator
Based at the Portland Centre in Nottingham Macmillan looking for a unique individual to develop, implement and provide day to day co-ordination and delivery of the CARE (Cancer and Rehabilitation Exercise) Programme in Nottinghamshire. This is a fixed term role until 31st March 2018 with an immediate start. We fully expect the position to be longer-term, based on the project’s success so far and our relationship with Macmillan and other funders.
This role will work closely with people in Nottinghamshire living with and beyond cancer to increase their involvement and engagement in physical activity. The role will have key responsibility to work closely with stakeholders such as Macmillan Nursing Teams and other health professionals to ensure channels of communication are effective and referrals into the programme are seamless. Engagement with other community based activity providers will be an essential part of the role.
The Programme Coordinator will have a Level 4 in Cancer and Exercise Rehabilitation qualification, and will take an active role in the delivery of the sessions, behaviour change interventions, and the development of the supporting staff. The role will be supported by Macmillan Cancer Support in terms of the individuals learning and development needs.
Closing date: Noon on Friday 7th July 2017 – interview date Friday 14th July.
To apply: Please send a CV and cover letter to Health Manager, Emma Trent, at email@example.com
CanRehab Offer – JOIN ANNA IN CLUB LA SANTA!
If you currently work in the field of Cancer and Exercise and would like to experience not only the great facilities at Club La Santa, but to witness first hand the positivity of exercise and activity to cancer survivors, then this is your ideal chance!
CanRehab continues to provide high quality, evidence based cancer exercise training for health and fitness professionals. To celebrate this special anniversary we are offering an amazing free week away to a deserving cancer rehabilitation specialist!
Club La Santa is a sports and leisure complex in Lanzarote where some of the world’s top athletes train. Last year, the CanRehab team attended a week-long training course in Lanzarote with Danish cancer exercise trainers and 54 Danish cancer survivors. It was so inspiring that CanRehab has decided to fund a place for a worthy individual to accompany Dr Anna Campbell back there this year.
WHERE: Club La Santa, Lanzarote
WHEN: 7-14th MAY, 2017
WHAT’S ON OFFER: CanRehab will pay all flights and travel to Club La Santa from the UK. Also accommodation and the activities are all free onsite. You will get a chance to meet interact with the Danish Team who take a group of cancer survivors there every year.
WHO CAN APPLY: ANY qualified cancer exercise fitness professional can apply whether you trained with CanRehab or with any other training provider. We also encourage health professionals, who are actively involved with cancer and exercise rehabilitation, to apply.
HOW DO I APPLY: Email us with a few sentences describing why you would like to be considered for this amazing free trip and send to:
Your application has to be received by Friday 10th March 2017
More Job Opportunities! Herefordshire and Worcestershire Macmillan Move More Co-ordinator
More job opportunities! Sports Partnership Herefordshire and Worcestershire is part of a national family of County Sports Partnerships and working in partnership with Macmillan Cancer Support. They are currently in a position to recruit a 2 year fixed term Macmillan ‘Move More’ Physical Activity Co-ordinator.
JOB OPPORTUNITY! – Physical Activity Instructor – Tottenham Hotspur Foundation & Macmillan
New post available to deliver MacMillan and Tottenham Hotspur Foundation Physical Activity Referral service to people affected by cancer, facilitating group exercise classes and gym based 1-1 sessions.
Reporting Structure: The job holder will report to relevant Senior Manager within Tottenham Hotspur Foundation (THF) and liaise closely with Macmillan.
Contracted Hours: Maternity cover, fixed term 37 Hour per week contract (Barnet). This may include Evening & Weekend work.
Payment: Salary will be offered at £22-24k pa
Job Outline: To deliver MacMillan and Tottenham Hotspur Foundation Physical Activity Referral service to people affected by cancer, facilitating group exercise classes and gym based 1-1 sessions.
Daily contact with patients to establish a rapport and gain the individual’s trust will be essential at the initial consultation, where the post holder will be expected to complete basic health and psychological assessments, along with agreeing SMART goals. Recognition of the issues common to the referred clients is important to establish this relationship.
Instructors will also be expected to deliver group based exercise classes, requiring group facilitation skills as well as excellent engagement and verbal communication skills.
The post holder may be required to promote the service to referring health professionals and patient support groups to generate interest in the service. Whilst also promoting the benefits to patient support groups of being active.
Patients may be referred with a wide range of medical conditions; physical and mental. This will require a high level of awareness and sensitivity, when making lifestyle recommendations to individuals. The acknowledgement of peoples’ barriers must be addressed in order to effectively influence their behaviour change.
You must have a minimum of 3 years experience of delivering sporting activities within community settings, schools and holiday provisions. You will have good organisational and time management skills, and have a good knowledge of the Greater North London area. You will hold a valid First Aid and Safeguarding certificate.
- Exercise Referral qualification recognised by Register of Exercise Professionals.
- Broad range of exercise qualifications, particularly regarding specialist groups/conditions.
- Canrehab Qualification
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience.
- Experience of working within an Exercise Referral programme.
- Experience of providing exercise classes and designing one-to-one programmes.
- Experience of working within an NHS, local authority or multi-agency organization.
- Demonstrable, excellent group exercise facilitation skills.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to present complex information in an understandable way.
- Ability to manage time effectively, planning own workload and setting appropriate objectives and deadlines.
- Ability to think about alternative ways of doing things and being open to new work practices and responsive to change.
- Demonstrable experience of thoroughly analysing information, and considering alternative solutions, adapting to new ways of working where necessary.
- Excellent customer care skills, with experience of adapting services, where possible, to meet customer needs and can take the initiative to work with other agencies where necessary.
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of how teams work with other services and takes a proactive approach towards helping others.
- Commitment to equality and diversity, accepting differences and treating everyone fairly.
- Demonstrable experience of coping well under pressure and difficult situations, able to identify and act on own development needs.
Full UK driving license is desired and access to transport.
Tottenham Hotspur Foundation is committed to equality and to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children (under 18s). The Foundation expects all staff to share this commitment, including applicants for this position.
This position is subject to DBS Disclosure at Enhanced level with children’s barred list check.
Tottenham Hotspur is an equal opportunities employer.
If you are interested please send a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application closes 8th August 2016
For more information on this great opportunity, please email Katrina Heal Katrina.Heal@tottenhamhotspur.com
Dr Anna Campbell Awarded an MBE!
For over sixteen years, Dr Anna Campbell has researched the physical and psychological benefits of staying active after a cancer diagnosis publishing over 30 research papers and three book chapters in the field of exercise and cancer survivorship. She is an Associate Professor at Edinburgh Napier University.
Anna was instrumental in putting research into practice: she made two exercise DVDs for cancer survivors; she set up the first free community based exercise programme in the UK; and she is Director of CanRehab, which provides training and education for fitness and health professionals working with cancer survivors in the community. In addition to publishing her research and establishing best practice, Anna is also a consultant for Macmillan Cancer Care, assisting in the establishment and evaluation of UK wide community based exercise programmes for cancer patients and survivors.
“I am incredibly thrilled and honoured to receive this MBE. When I first started working in the area of cancer rehabilitation, most cancer patients were told to stay in bed and rest all the time. For the past 16 years, my passion has been to help provide and disseminate the evidence that staying active can actually provide many benefits after a cancer diagnosis. I have had the humbling and immense privilege of working directly with over 400 cancer patients and survivors to provide safe and effective advice and assistance to help them find the appropriate type of activity to suit each one’s individual current situation. I love my work so much and am driven to continue working in this area as I see and hear about the benefits every day! “
More L4 Course Dates Added For 2016!
See the Level 4 Courses tab above for current courses.
If you have a team of staff who need trained in cancer and exercise rehabilitation, then contact us about commissioning a course. If you can provide a suitable venue then our specilaist tutors may be able to deliver the course in house.
Contact email@example.com for further information
- London Course FULL!! London Level 4 Course scheduled to start September 19th is now FULL!! Contact Lorna on firstname.lastname@example.org to be put on the waiting list.
- Nottingham Job Opportunity - perfect for CanRehab Level 4 graduate! Macmillan CARE Programme Coordinator
- CanRehab Offer - JOIN ANNA IN CLUB LA SANTA!
- More Job Opportunities! Herefordshire and Worcestershire Macmillan Move More Co-ordinator
- JOB OPPORTUNITY! - Physical Activity Instructor – Tottenham Hotspur Foundation & Macmillan
- Dr Anna Campbell Awarded an MBE!
- More L4 Course Dates Added For 2016!
- I loved this workshop – it fitted in with my cycle of tiredness – no exercise – guilt – overdoing exercise – exhausted – this is ongoing! However I will now try to change my behaviour as a result. Motivating lady!” Participant at Annual Volunteer Conference, Perth 2006