…for those not requiring the Level 4 course and will not be delivering exercise prescription.
We currently organise and run bespoke courses for research teams, charities, nurses and allied health professionals. If you require a training programme to address a specific topic within Cancer and Exercise rehabilitation then drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to see how we can help.
CPD for Health and Fitness professionals
Are you are a fitness instructor who is following on from our in depth Level 4 Cancer an Exercise qualification, or health professionals who has an specialist interest in this area? Then you may want to update your knowledge with the latest evidence or enhance your expertise in a particular aspect of Cancer and Exercise Rehabilitation.
We are currently working on some exciting new CPD modules! Let us keep you updated by asking to be on our mailing list by contacting: email@example.com
CanRehab Bespoke Solutions
The training courses can be commisioned if you need to train several staff in one location. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Cancer and Exercise Rehabilitation Level 4 Qualification
CanRehab Level 4 Course Content
The Level 4 Qualification in Cancer and Exercise Rehabilitation will teach you to design, agree and adapt a physical activity programme to aide cancer rehabilitation for your clients or patients living with cancer. The course will consist of 28 hours of teaching over 4 days (spread over 2 weekends) and will also require you complete approximately 100 hours of independent study. You will be provided with a manual and DVD to be used alongside the taught module to enhance self study. On completing this qualification you will:
- Understand the causes of cancer, current cancer treatments and the side effects relevant to exercise prescription.
- Be familiar with the most recent evidence on the effects of different exercises on specific cancer types and specific side effects of cancer treatments.
- Confidently prepare a reliable and effective system of communication and information gathering with clients and health professionals.
- Be capable of carrying out a risk assessment, exercise testing and prescribing personalised exercise programmes for each patient/client living with cancer.
- Be able to deliver safe and effective physical activities with patients/clients living with cancer.
Course Entry Requirements:
We aim to follow the guidelines set out by REPs for eligibility onto this course. We do however allow entry onto the CanRehab Level 4 course if the applicant can demonstrate relevant academic and professional qualifications and experience. It should be appreciated that there needs to be a high level of commitment in order to attain this qualification.
If you are a current member of REPs please ensure you fulfil the entrance requirements below.
For SkillsActive CPD points and REPs Level 4.
- Registration status of full Level 3 Exercise Referral Instructor or registered at Level 4 on REPs.
- 150 hours of relevant professional practice at Level 3 in designing, delivering, monitoring, adapting exercise programmes for individuals gained within the previous 2 years and at least 6 months experience since qualification.
- Completion of the REPs professional practice unit.
If you are unsure that you meet the entry requirements listed above please email us on email@example.com
See link below for current courses:
- London Course FULL!! London Level 4 Course scheduled to start September 19th is now FULL!! Contact Lorna on firstname.lastname@example.org to be put on the waiting list.
- Nottingham Job Opportunity - perfect for CanRehab Level 4 graduate! Macmillan CARE Programme Coordinator
- CanRehab Offer - JOIN ANNA IN CLUB LA SANTA!
- More Job Opportunities! Herefordshire and Worcestershire Macmillan Move More Co-ordinator
- JOB OPPORTUNITY! - Physical Activity Instructor – Tottenham Hotspur Foundation & Macmillan
- Dr Anna Campbell Awarded an MBE!
- More L4 Course Dates Added For 2016!
- I loved this workshop – it fitted in with my cycle of tiredness – no exercise – guilt – overdoing exercise – exhausted – this is ongoing! However I will now try to change my behaviour as a result. Motivating lady!” Participant at Annual Volunteer Conference, Perth 2006