CanRehab Level 4 Course Content
The Level 4 Qualification in Cancer and Exercise Rehabilitation will teach you to design, agree and adapt a physical activity programme to aide cancer rehabilitation for your clients or patients living with cancer. The course will consist of 28 hours of teaching over 4 days (spread over 2 weekends) and will also require you complete approximately 100 hours of independent study. You will be provided with a manual and DVD to be used alongside the taught module to enhance self study. On completing this qualification you will:
- Understand the causes of cancer, current cancer treatments and the side effects relevant to exercise prescription.
- Be familiar with the most recent evidence on the effects of different exercises on specific cancer types and specific side effects of cancer treatments.
- Confidently prepare a reliable and effective system of communication and information gathering with clients and health professionals.
- Be capable of carrying out a risk assessment, exercise testing and prescribing personalised exercise programmes for each patient/client living with cancer.
- Be able to deliver safe and effective physical activities with patients/clients living with cancer.
Course Entry Requirements:
We aim to follow the guidelines set out by REPs for eligibility onto this course. We do however allow entry onto the CanRehab Level 4 course if the applicant can demonstrate relevant academic and professional qualifications and experience. It should be appreciated that there needs to be a high level of commitment in order to attain this qualification.
If you are a current member of REPs please ensure you fulfil the entrance requirements below.
For SkillsActive CPD points and REPs Level 4.
- Registration status of full Level 3 Exercise Referral Instructor or registered at Level 4 on REPs.
- 150 hours of relevant professional practice at Level 3 in designing, delivering, monitoring, adapting exercise programmes for individuals gained within the previous 2 years and at least 6 months experience since qualification.
- Completion of the REPs professional practice unit.
If you are unsure that you meet the entry requirements listed above please email us on email@example.com
See link below for current courses: